Re: PHP5 as module on Apache 2.2 on win XP

Update for the benefit of searchers with a similar problem.
I tried many reboots and many permutations of the file paths always with the same result:
syntax error on line xxx of F:/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PHPIniDir',

In desperation to get something working, after wasting so much time on what should be trivial, figured I'd try the msi install binary so I downloaded that but before running that, for one last try, even though it wasn't what I wanted, I copied the php directory from my F drive to C
and edited httpd.conf accordingly.

Well it worked. PHP ran just like it should have done several days back.
So at that stage thinking I was crazy, I renamed the C drive PHP folder so it wouldn't be found and redid the httpd.conf to point back at the F drive.
Well that worked too! So now the original config that would never work for several days suddenly starts working. wtf?

The only way to retrace my steps would be to do a fresh install of XP and I just don't have time so the mystery remains but there's a path for anyone else who has this problem.

BTW (off topic): they use very poor email address mangling on this list so be warned you may get spammed if you join.