From: Andrew Edson [mailto:cheighlund@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 4:21 PM
To: php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Requesting assistance with installing mysql support in PHP5.

I attempted to upgrade a server (SuSE 9.3 OS) running apache2 and php 4.3.10 to php 5.2.0 a while back.  At the time, I did not know that php5 no longer included the mysql libraries by default.  A few days ago, I was told that one of the users on the server in question could no longer access their mysql information via the php programs they had been using.

The system originally had php4 installed on it, with the default library files.  I would like to continue using php5 on the system, but the ability to use mysql is quite important to us and I am currently lacking a few pieces of information I believe I will need to correctly configure and build the php5 installation with mysql support.

1. What is(are) the name(s) of the library files I will need to direct the php5 configuration to look for?
2. What is the probable path for them to have been installed in on the php4 installation?
3. Once I find these files, how do I tell the configuration to specifically use them?

Any advice anyone can give me regarding these issues, or suggestions for alternate solutions, will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration.