Trouble getting information

I have searched but find no answer to my questions, so here they are.

Windows XP Pro with Apache 2.2.3
PHP 5

I go through the procedure of installing the Apache, then the Perl, then MySQL.
The add :

LoadModule php5_module "C:\PHP\php5apache2_2.dll
ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/php/"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php-cgi.exe
PHPIniDir "C:\PHP\"

I restart Apache and I cannot get the screen to appear from
<?
phpinfo()
?>

I do not get an error, and if I test a PHP program it seems to work fine, but I have no real idea from the <?phpinfo()?> what I really have going on. There are no errors in the event or system log, just says that Apache started.

Then I install MySQL. place the libmysql.dll file in the PHP directory, and try to run:

<?
$link = mysql_connect( 'localhost', 'userid', 'userpass') or die;
mysql_select_db('test') or die;
mysql_close($link);
?>

Again, no errors, just nothing. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong???

Vince Bravdica

It has removed 967 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!