Re: [PHP-DB] Building PHP with Oracle support

Wow - I suddenly realize It's been a long time since I compiled
the obsolete "oracle" extension.  We've done so much with the newer
"oci8" one recently.

I had a similar problem with PDO_OCI recently that turned out to
be a linking problem.

Chris

Andrew Bergman wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to compile PHP 5.2.0 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 AS 64 bit with Oracle support. (not oci8).
The configure line I have used is:
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf --with-oracle=/export/oracle/pegasus/product/9.2.0 --with-ldap=/usr --enable-sigchild --enable-libgcc

It compiles ok without error, however however when I view phpinfo I have no Oracle section.

If I compile with --with-oci8=/export/oracle/pegasus/product/9.2.0 that compiles and shows OCI8 in the phpinfo however we aren't using oci8 for our application making that useless.

I am not sure if it is an issue whereby it is compiled but no oracle support ended up compiling for whatever reason or a runtime issue where it is compiled with oracle support but is not finding something it needs when it runs in order for Oracle support to work.

Anyone able to help?

--
Christopher Jones, Oracle
Email: Christopher.Jones@xxxxxxxxxx    Tel: +1 650 506 8630