The page cannot be displayed !?

Hello,

I am working on 2 different servers. 1 server I developed a product on. It worked. Something new that needed to be added was not able to run on that server so I transferred the application to the other server.

So this new server hosts several applications like the one I copied now, even older versions.

It consists of modules which are exact copies of each other. They were encrypted with zend safeguard.

For some modules (a single php file) that I opened it gave the message “The page cannot be displayed” in IE. In firefox it wanted to download the php file. Some other (identical!) files will be opened but will not be fully executed and only half a web page is shown).

So I transferred the encrypted files again, this time not via samba but using putty and making a tar file. Copied that and unpacked. (to make sure it was copied ok).

Same result.

I replaced the encoded files with unencoded files.

Same result.

Checked the file rights and ownership.

Same result.

Can anyone tell me what might cause this?

What can be wrong with the 2nd server?

Marijn Pessers