Disabling mail() function in PHP

Hi all

This is a odd request but we are hosting about 1000 websites on a
server and the problem we have is that people are hosting websites and
on some of the websites they have php mailing forms. Now we are
experiencing loads of spam on the server with some script exploit.

I need to know how I would beable to disable the mail() function in PHP.

Regards