Strang problem running PHP with mysql modules

Hello,

I have recently installed the PHP5.1 package from this repository:
# PHP5.1 for Debian sarge
deb http://people.debian.org/~dexter php5.1 sarge
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~dexter php5.1 sarge
I chose this rep, because they provide an MSSQL module and I'd like to avoid recompiling PHP myself :)

The installation went over fine, and phpinfo (http://85.25.9.79/info.php) shows all modules were loaded successfully. The issue is: They somehow don't work, since the functions that they should provide cannot be called. PHP always gives an Error "Call to undefined function", as seen here: http://www.jabber.funzt-halt.net. php5.1-modconf gives me the following:

$ php5.1-modconf apache2 list
session
mysql
mssql
ldap
imap

meaning: The config files have been successfully added to the conf.d directory, and phpinfo shows these file have been parsed.

Strangely, if I disable the mssql module for cli and try to call the mysql functions, it works. Doing the same for apache doesn't have any effect at all :/

What is wrong here? How do I get the modules to work correctly?

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm desperate by now :(

Michael