PHP programs only work in one folder

I have installed the BLOGCMS+PunBB facility under PHP 5 and Apache 2 in my
"BB" folder and they work great, but I have another folder with PHP programs
and the PHP code in the .HTML and .PHP files never runs. The HTML works
fine, but no PHP execution. BOTH folders are in my Apache .CONF with
identical settings. Both folders are in the same web root. I am trying to
launch those programs in IE via File/Open/Browse and clicking onthe html or
PHP file.

Is there some other setting I need to do?