Re: PEAR doesn't run with "fast-cgi" installation!

Hi Tamer,

You need to edit your php.ini, which is usually located in
  /etc/php.ini
or
  /usr/local/php/etc/php.ini
or something like that (there are ways to find it easily).

Inside php.ini you will find a line which says:

  register_argc_argv = Off

And you need to change it to

  register_argc_argv = On

If you had installed PHP as an Apache module, you would need to restart Apache
so that PHP re-reads the php.ini file.  I'm not sure if the same applies for a
fast-cgi installation.

HTH,
Peter

--- Tamer Higazi <tameritoke2@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
> I have PHP 5.1.4 as a fast-cgi installation on my linux machine.
> However, I can't run PEAR, even after I have followed the installation
> instructions in detail.
>
> The errormessage:
>
> ERROR: either use the CLI php executable, or set register_argc_argv=On
> in php.ini
>
> For any help, solving my problem.
>
> Thank you

On Yahoo!7
Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.
http://www.yahoo7.com.au/answers