Re: PHP 5.1.4 detecting incorrect version of libxml

Hi,

I had another look at the output of configure, and it seems it was using a
cached location for libxml (/usr) which was stored in config.cache and wasn't
being re-discovered on subsequent configure commands.  Deleting config.cache
solved the problem and 5.1.4 has almost finished installing now.  I am a little
annoyed that the --with-libxml-dir option did not cause configure to override
the cached value, but maybe that's the standard procedure for configure
commands?

Thank you Rasmus and Luc for your help.
Peter

--- Rasmus Lerdorf <rasmus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Try --with-libxml-dir=/usr/local
>
> You never add the include dir to any of those --with switches.
>
> -Rasmus
>
> Peter Hodge wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to compile PHP 5.1.4 but using using the same configure options
> > used for PHP 5.1.2, PHP 5.1.4 is including an older version of libxml in
> > /usr/include/libxml2 but PHP5.1.2 includes the newer version in
> > /usr/local/include/libxml2
> >
> > PHP 5.1.2 Makefile:
> >   INCLUDES = -I/usr/local/include/libxml2
> >
> > PHP 5.1.4 Makefile:
> >   INCLUDES = -I/usr/include/libxml2
> >
> > Using 'configure --with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/include/libxml2' doesn't make
> any
> > difference, and PHP 5.1.2 gets along fine without it anyway.  Does anyone
> know
> > if I have done something wrong?
> >
> > Any help is much appreciated.
> > Peter

> > On Yahoo!7
> > 360°: Your own space to share what you want with who you want!
> > http://www.yahoo7.com.au/360

On Yahoo!7
Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.
http://www.yahoo7.com.au/answers