[PHP-INSTALL] Re: PHP5.1.4 with Apache2.x

For clarity, the libphp5.so is present in the /www/modules directory. There is a different error if its not (i had some issues with compiling before where first i couldn't get the right libmysqlclient.so to be used, then i miss spelt apxs2).

I guess i'm not including something that is needed for the newer versions of apache, however i'm yet to work out what it is i'm missing.

NickPoole

NickPoole wrote:
Hi,
I'm having issues with loading the php module with apache. I've successfully compliled php and apache, but when i start the httpd daemon i get the following error:

# apachectl start
Syntax error on line 232 of /www/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /www/modules/libphp5.so into server: /www/modules/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: php_escape_html_entities

i've tried this with both apache 2.2.2 and apache 2.0.58 with exactly the same results.

I'd be greatful if anyone can point out what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks

NickPoole