Re: Some lady pilot

Yes Amelia.  The scooter was custom-made by Dale. Since almost every car in Indy racing for almost 30 years was running Dale's engine, he needed a way to get around the pits to ever team.  One exist in the in one of the racing museums,   I forget which one, though.  My cousin had it fully restored, then donated.
what I find interesting is that the picture is Dale and Amelia but it's made out to Dale's Partner Louis Meyer(first 3 time winner of Indy 500). Dale was chief Mechanic for Louis.