Re: PhotoForum gallery suggestion

There are advantages and disadvantages to FB, no question.  I watermark all my content and restrict its audience as well, but I am a very active FB user, as well as an Admin of a few pages there.

The worst part of FB to me is how fast things vanish from the feed.  One really has to frequent the place daily even just to see the most recent contributions of your Friends.

I am not bothered by the EULA.  The gargantuan amount of stuff that passes through FB makes it an overwhelming sea of trash, and the enormous problems FB has controlling spam and all the dross of human society means, clearly, that it’s unlikely any FB honcho there would ever find anything of value to poach.  Even AI is so tied to fads and the latest thing that I don’t see a threat.  The return to me of communicating with 700+ mostly far flung friends outweighs the liability.

People creating work for hire can simply not place such work on FB.  Not all we create is marketable and lots of our work for sale won’t find an audience on FB anyway.

Some other thoughts: the week’s offerings could be put up on FB and when the next week’s work goes up the previous week’s can easily be taken down.  It may be possible to remove the image while leaving the comments in place as well.

FB is especially good for conversation, as long as one does more than just hit the “Like” button.  The material I put there stirs lots of interest and commentary as long as I put it in the right place to reach the right audience.

FB has convenient ways to revisit groups which have fallen under the window - either through Search or from the Groups menu.

Membership in the group can be set such that random strangers cannot post or view stuff without being a member.

Andy and his wonderful fantasy staff already know how to use FB.