Re: Wide Zoom lens question

Kostas, depth of field given a particular focal length and aperture should be the same ... unless the basis for the determination is different. Like acceptable circle of confusion.

Andy

From: PhotoForum <photoforum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Kostas Papakotas <clenchedteethphotography@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2022 5:27 PM
To: PhotoForum educational network
Subject:  Wide Zoom lens question

hi members!

I would like to get your impressions & experiences regarding a Wide Zoom lens I intend on buying.
it is the Sigma 17-35 mm F2.8-F4.0 EX Lens.

Some time ago I bought a similar Pentax model, the Pentax-FA J 18-35mm F4-5.6.
which proved to be unacceptable regarding the expected large depth of field (by starting at F/4)

Thing is the FA J has stolen monetary resources I could have used to buy a single better lens all together.
Now I will have to settle for the Sigma one.

What do you think?

Links
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/sigma-17-35mm-f28-4-ex-aspherical.html
DG Version