Re: PF gallery on April 24, 2022

Actually the title should be "Hunger"
Not entirely Andy's fault, since I sent two photos (one for a future installement)

This is a good chance to tell you the back story of the photoshoot.

I am following the second year of a photo seminar on theater photography by leading local professional that kind of transformed the way it is done in Greece.
As part of our practice sessions we visited the said derelict summer camp with no predetermined object/theme.
We were shocked to find a sleeping barrack full of hand painted words like, Death, Woman, Birth, War etc... The place was used for an art performance some years back, we latter learned.
With the war in Ukraine fresh upon us, we turned to that theme, weaving other images with these words. And managed to get -among others- a SINGLE photo that encapsulates the horror of war, in such a raw, explicit -yet artistic- manner.
Which will probably will never been shown, unless we make an end-of-year presentation along with the other school's art classes.

the day was so inteseful of images that revisited it again to take photos for my own use.
Did not veer of the main idea, but I just limited myself to the destruction scene.
You can find the mini series in my FB photo album "Derelict Camp" linked by Andy.

Thank you for bearing with me...

Στις Κυριακή 24 Απριλίου 2022, 10:13:09 μ.μ. EEST, ο χρήστης Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> έγραψε:

Thank you to all who contributed photographs this week! FYI _Staff contracted covid.
Not sure how this will operations but we will proceed as in past for now.

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated on April 24, 2022.
Authors with work now on display at:  http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html  include:

Kostas Papakotas - Desolation.
Chris Strevens - Heather on my balcony
Andrew Davidhazy - Dry and wet setters!
Bob McCulloch - Across the Bay
Emily Ferguson - Shadow
John Retallack - Friends.
Trevor Cunningham - Abandoned sugarbush house
Lew Schwartz - Ukraine

To participate in this activity send your contributions early and keeping them near 1000 pix in longest dimension and 200Kb in maximum size. Large images that run off the edges of average monitors are a pain. Larger is not always better! Please state GALLERY on mail subject line.

If you have doubts about how to prepare images just send them anyway and the capable gallery staff will adjust them for exhibition.

From: Kalyna and the rest of the gallery staff

PSS: do you know of other persons who might be interested in subscribing to PhotoForum? See below: