Herschel is getting fishy.

Did you mean rectilinear? I shoot about 50 of these a week depending on what we are shooting.  Either with a 2 to 4 190° Circular fisheye and stitch with ptgui or Shoot with theta (currently z1 model).
And interesting to see a normal shot in spherical projection and work and As a legible Image.

Do you bracket for hdr tone map? If you use a Z1 or V I know a plug in for the camera that does some pretty slick stuff. It makes straight HDR

Herschel you should show up at client with Cirkut camera.