From: Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx>
To: PhotoForum educational network <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, May 6, 2019 9:16 pm
Subject: Re: slit-scan photo in gallery

Roy,

Close but no cigar! The phone software or program captures one vertical line of the scene and then adds new lines to that one effectively displaying tome as one dimension. The fact the plane was “wiggling” a bit (and so was I) caused the horizontal lines to acquire a wavy pattern. I think the iPhone program used was called Slit-Scan or maybe ScanCamera or Poloska …. all variants of the same approach. I think the early iPhones had a similar scheme built in to do panoramas.

To the best of my recollection anyway! The image file does not have program name in its data.

Andy