Re: The Relationship Between Racism and the Camera

Thanks John. I don’t often comment but .....

Interesting? It (not you) pisses me off that an article about racism was inspired (promoted, initiated, CONTRIVED) and published over a lighting issue. Really?  Good Lord.  The answer “I’m black everything is lighter” was perfect and it  should have stopped there.

Well hey, why not write an article about why the jacket was chosen and who is the maker? Was it meant for blacks to wear? Was the photographer black? White? Why or why not? Who didn’t know about special filters for skin tones or high/low key situations? I’m being snarky.

Reasons for promoting and acknowledging “racism” seems to be raised in any case for any reason anywhere if one needs attention.

People need to LEAVE IT ALONE. I’m sick of these horseshit writings creating adversity out of every day situations. New York Times has contributed another to its self serving burn pile, IMO.