Re: Camerawork.me

I'm still listening...

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 2:42 PM JW Faul <nyce2jan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All –

            I can’t make this list of topics secret or confidential, but you notice this is not on Facebook, better known as InYourFace Gossip. This is a PF/Jan Faul project and it is not for public consumption. This is the funding query letter.

OK, I chose a URL this morning:

Camerawork.me

The .com version is a premium site and it’s a grand a year. “Camerawork” is ten letters, and thus can be monogrammed onto clothing from LL Bean, Lands End and many others.

Here are the nuts and bolts –

            Some years ago a producer told me that if I was going to invent a name to be displayed anywhere, to just use something already in use elsewhere. In this case, I decided to use a title not in use for a hundred years or so.

            I’d like to tell you I am putting this together out of the goodness of my heart, but I’d be lying. I’m putting this together so we can invest in the program and make a tidy income. I’m sure there’s another way to put it, but I’ll search for it later. I know teaching is very rewarding, as I taught high school students in the mid-seventies and enjoyed it immensely.

            I’m pricing the services as about the same as the Masterclass site. Camerawork.me pricing is nearly identical. Level 1 or introductory classes are $85/ea sold in blocks of 15, for a total price of $1275.

            In the beginning it was suggested we give a $276 discount so the price is $999 as a measure of goodwill. None has suggested we include a camera with the price, although when the price wars begin, we could move in that direction.

            Subjects range from Intro (Getting set up with your camera) as thus far none have suggested they shoot with a phone, to the great themes.

            The camera I have chosen is the 18MP Canon EOS T3i, now available at eBay for $250 – 350 with 18-55mm lens, memory card, battery charger, strap, and manual while later models are considerably more. The current T7i is approximately $1300). The Canon Ti series is in use around the world, and is ongoing and gets good reviews.

more later… or are you already bored? camerwork.me is not yet operational

Jan

JW Faul, Nyce Pictures

--
Affordable Fine Art Photography