Re: PF gallery on Jan. 06, 2018 - stroboscopic photo

Sorry - on the way home from breakfast I had a “flash” of inspiration. I made a basic mistake in the explanation posted last night. I must have been asleep already!.

The disk does not turn in 1/23 second but rather in 1/8 th of a second. It makes 23 impressions in 3 seconds so in 1 second it only makes 8. So the result is that the individual exposures are not 1/1666 of a second but rather 1/555 second. and during the 3 seconds the stationary parts of the subject receive an exposure of 23/555 second or 1/24 second. The ratio of exposures between stationary and moving parts is still 1 to 72 though.

Now I’ll check if anyone caught the mistake earlier.

Andy