A very interesting view on photography by the masses I heard...

I was lucky to attend a presentation by an established Greek photographer, M. Karatarakis.

As customary he took questions at the end, and gave a very insighful answer when he was asked how he felt about the masses having easy access to digital self-correcting photographic means. In other words if the oceans of daily generated photographs compromised the value of phototgraphy.

He responded with something like this: "let me ask you in return, isn't good that illiteracy has been practically eradicated?"

He then followed this comment with the observation that the current chalenge for the common man is to manage, handle and cope with images in the media. Images being used for everything. Advertisements, the news, etc etc.

So what do you think?