Re: Jumping child - blue feet

My guess is the blue isn’t coming from the water... it’s the pool that’s painted blue... I would imagine that water reflects the full spectrum. It absorbs long wavelengths in transmission but the surface is like a mirror.
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 8:14 PM Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Brian, I noticed that also. I believe the reason only the bottom of his feet are blue is exactly what you said. The rest of the scene is not blue because the blue reflection from the water is not strong enough to affect the overall scene. The blue is overpowered by sunlight. The bottom of his feet are close to the water surface and acquire that color. And they are also partly in shadow of the top of his feet. So I think anyway.

Andy