Re: PF members' photographs on 10/07/2017

I would like to comment on one image in particular, Robert Earnest's image "Iona Branches."

I find this image to be one of the best images the gallery has offered in some time. It is mysterious and foreboding. The strange background feature begs to be defined, yet one is left with curiosity and sense of mystery. Therefore the feature does not actually require definition.

Low lighting obviously contributes greatly to the image's dark nature which allows the background feature to stand out. If the foreground's detail were to be lightened in my opinion, it would destroy the image.

The composition seems a little loose but it still works. But to completely appreciate this image, you need to study it awhile.

Excellent submission Robert.

Thanks.
Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.