Re: any more photographs for this weekend's update?

It is somewhat sad ? from about 100+ messages a day (to everyone's dismay!) when the list started in 1993 we are down to the a precious few exchanges per week or month ? someone mentioned Facebook took over ? maybe so. Anyway, a place to simply see our photographs is the PF gallery.

facebook will never come close to substituting for PhotoForum and the gallery...my suspicion is the iphone is now how most people are sharing images these days...and that's ok if you're fond of the tiny screen...I don't even own one and that makes me an anachronism but I refuse to own a phone that's smarter than I am...

wistfully your's

Andy Davidhazy with no staff!

Just to share some info ? this list was started as sort of a soft-sell for the Rochester Institute of Technology photo school. I don't think the school ever realized this and nobody on their staff expressed interest in contributing to it. But through almost 25 years of looking after it (without a staff ? or with an imaginary staff!) I think it has served a valuable purpose besides soft-promoting the school. My thoughts these days anyway. Cheers.

I've been a member of the PhotoForun since at least 1999 and enjoy seeing the work of those who take the time to post...I wish there was more discussion about the images but I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to not commenting...thing is, in my humble opinion, the PhoroForum is an institution now and a tremendously valuable resource...I'd really hate to see it go away...so thanks Andy, for everything you do to keep it going...

Jim Snarski
Baja Oregon