Re: After a week off the PF gallery updated on April 29, 2017

Get one stuffed. Of course it will look a little the worse for wear after being hauled around, but at least it will stay still. If you like, I can send you Anders. He is my stuffed seagull which has kicked around the studio since 1980 or so. He needs a good dry-cleaning, but maybe a good brightening in PS will suffice. He’s over on the sideboard.

On May 5, 2017, at 6:49 PM, Cap'n Jimmy <flyboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2017, at 12:54 PM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated with new photographs on 29 APR, 2017. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Jim Snarski - Elegance

More elegant with the neck and legs extended.  I would like more depth of field.  More sharp feathers.  And bring the treeline down somewhat closer to but not exactly at the diagonal i.e. more sky.

      well, the legs are extended but no matter what I said to that bird  it just refused to extend its neck...here's the thing about nature photography and shooting animals in the wild, especially birds in flight...they do not pose to give the photographer time to set up a shot...from the time I saw that beauty until it was gone was less than a minute and I had perhaps 20 seconds of shoot time to get a decent image...a lot of this sort of photography are grab shots and I'm often grateful just to get what I get...there are nature photographers like Franz Lanting who don't seem to mind showing an occasional image that's partially out of focus as long as the feeling is there...I, too, would have liked more depth of field and more sharp feathers but I still think it's a fine image...

     thanks for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated

Jim

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------