Re: print size?

For portraiture you can go as low as 180 dpi and have an "Acceptable" print. Of course, as Andy points out, the smaller the print, the higher the resolution, the closer you have to look to see the quality. But from a few feet away, for domestic use (Not in a gallery/exhibition) hanging on a wall, you can easily get away with 180DPI. IMHO especially in black and white where we are used to seeing "Grain"