Re: PhotoForum gallery updated on Sept. 24, 2016

On Jan Faul's interesting rant.

I refused to work in wedding photography. But I met a lot of those who did the work and did it well. But with all of the "snap shot" photographers with their cell phones or sure shot cameras mucking up the place there is also the customer who can be easily impressed.

I once encountered a "wedding" photographer who was a point and shooter. He would show me his work and I would gulp at the lack of anything even remotely considered professional about his snap shots. He would ask my opinion, then just move on with out comment if I gave any negative feedback. The sad part to all of this, he kept getting new jobs and was actually making a modest income for himself.

Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.