Re: Calibrate monitor another way or what?

I can not get an email to two lists RIT and  a yahoo group. I sending this a second time
I have used Adobe Gamma to calibrate my monitor. Then I followed this up by using window's visual program to fine tune it.(Adobe Gamma does up to 32 bits which I guess is what my monitor is although my OS is 64 bits).  I have started doing more printing. I have added a brightening layer  at + 16 in Photoshop to do the printing. I also run into images where I have to go back in to Photoshop and use the shadow-high light adjustment to unblock the shadows.  The latest thing I have done is to add an exposure adjustment layer but not change the exposure but change the gamma to make the prints look correct. I wonder if there is a calibration method that would be better than what I got or it is just because LED monitors have too much dynamic range that I will have to continue with adjustments when I print?
Roy