Re: PhotoForum Digest, Vol 252, Issue 1

You’re paying for the NAME, as much as for the product.  And overpricing is rife in the so-called “designer” market - even, dare I say, among top-grade DSLRs  e.g. 5,000 GBP for the newest Nikon, but far less for the equivalent Pentax K1 at 1600 GBP.
Do they cost so much different to make ? - almost certainly not.

And Leica prices - well wow is all I can say to them !  Do buyers actually use them, or just collect them.

dan