Re: Σχετ: 10 years

Lew:

Thank you for shedding some sanity on this discussion. It isn't about
indestructibility, an unfortunate attribute of everything, it's about
reasonable archival practice. For prints the key is atmosphere, temp, rh, &
light exposure, for digital media it's storage, software, & hardware. If
the archivist neglects any of these, losses will occur.

Again I belabor the point - one of these though and digital is all gone. the whole mass of the planet it's self has proved an inadequate shield in the past. OK we'd have bigger problems than some snaps from the kids party last year sure.

We had a near miss only 2 years back:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/23jul_superstorm/
"calculated the odds that a Carrington-class storm would hit Earth in the
next ten years.  The answer: 12%"

I raise this over and over as it IS a real threat and it's one few seem aware of.