Re: Editing software

I'm sure many people have copies of out-of-date Photoshop Elements that could run on an old computer.  I used Elements 6 for a few years before I finally learned Photoshop itself.  For getting Layers for Elements 6, I used Grant's Tools as a plugin.

I would not recommend Lightroom the same way.  From my experience with early Lightroom, it was terrible compared to Elements.  But maybe my ease with Elements had something to do with that.

Hope this helps.
  -yoram