Re: Happy New Year and new PF member photographs on Jan 02, 2015

<SNIP>

> Mark Harris - On the Rock - personally I am not a fan of nudes lying on rocks or draped over trees. Somehow I find the situations incongruous (?). Other than that I think the composition is effective. Model did a good job with positioning of her feet.

It is that contrast of pale smooth skin against dark rough rocks (or trees) that appeals to me. To each his own, I guess. I appreciate your honest feedback and the comment about the photograph beyond that, thank you.

> Andrew Davidhazy -

No manipulation really. Basically it is Sabattier but of a Polaroid 667 negative which generally is tossed away as useless garbage. I decided to turn that negative to a positive that is all. The border comes along with the process. These days similar results can be easily made by using digital image adjustment tools (PS for example). Similar but not the same. Here are a couple of early articles I wrote about this:

Thank you also for the additional information. We have, for better or worse, gotten used to digitally manipulated photographs. It is still nice to see the work that people did prior to, or without, photoshop.

Andy

Mark Harris