From: Mark Harris <gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx>
To: PhotoForum educational network <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 23:18
Subject: Re: Happy New Year and new PF member photographs on Jan 02, 2015

Happy New Year, everyone!

A few thoughts on this week’s submissions:

> On Jan 2, 2016, at 12:19 PM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 02, JAN, 2016. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>
> Dan Mitchell - Lonely Lunch

Sad that it seems he has ended up dining alone. You have captured that feeling beautifully.

> Lew Schwartz -

A well seen composition of what looks like a fallen tree. The chaos of this is terrific. I wonder if there is a bit too much contrast.

> Art Faul - Home Heating, Bov

I think this would be a very effective ad, well done, Art. These days the spot color would have been selective color, which I would have equally disliked!

> Mark Harris - On the Rock

Any thoughts are appreciated.

> Andrew Davidhazy -

I am curious about your “Phoenix Process”. I like this photograph quite a bit. The way the body seems to be altered (?) is fascinating. In my own work abstracting the body, as in some of my previous submissions, I do it with light placement, lens selection and camera position and no manipulation of the form except B&W conversion and levels.

> <SNIP>

Mark Harris