From: Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx>
To: PhotoForum educational network <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 16:48
Subject: Christopher Strevens' posts

9 subscribers departed from the list today as a result of Christopher Strevens’
posts.

List participation is, in my opinion, affected by patently off-topic
and disruptive messages.
The list was established to serve as a communications
venue for the friendly exchange of
information. comments and hints, etc.
related to photography and its practice.

While it is recognized that it is
easy enough to delete troublesome messages it would
help the overall
effectiveness of the list if one did not have to do that. Same for blocking

messages from a particular individual. OTOH, he could be blocked from the
list.

We have discussed “censorship” in the past and the general consensus
was that we should
not engage in this practice. It is disappointing, however,
when members decide they’d rather
leave than have to deal with stuff such what
Christopher Strevens has posted recently and
also in the past.

Andrew
Davidhazy
PF list coordinator