Re: Aperture markings on vintage lens question

Waterhouse Stops?
Don

On 10/9/15 9:17 AM, Herschel Mair wrote:

Looks like reciprocals of sorts... 1/6... 1/12... of something...

On Oct 9, 2015 8:11 AM, "Andrew Davidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Somebody asked me what the markings on this lens meant - suggestions?

Presumably they are f stops or light volume designations but the numbering system
is non-conventional at least to me. They double in value from step to step as one
would expect f numbers to allow double the amount of light to pass but I don’t
remember having seen this particular sequence.

Andy