PF gallery could use a few more words

I don’t think we’re run out of things to say exactly, but more that we’ve finally fallen into the morass predicted by Vance Packard in the 1950’s, and caused by total overload by visual media.
The pressure is on for me to get email on my phone, search for info on Google, receive advertising, send texts, and still be able to receive the occasional phone call.  I take a dim view of the onslaught and refuse to accept email or ads on my phone as I am fairly old school in that I like to use my phone for speaking, not reading. I am also under pressure to send tweets and get constant FB reminders about people I have possibly never met and never will meet along with actual friends, all of whose birthdays I now get sent daily and sometimes hourly.
And this is all before we dare to open our mouths about anything personal out of a fear that another facet of our privacy will go ‘viral’. So expressing a real opinion on PF could be confrontational with a person we never hope to meet but who becomes offended by an expressed opinion about a photo. FB tried to force us to ‘Like’ everybody and that has washed over to PF.
I think in general the quality of work presented here is far superior that it has been several years earlier as some have either gotten much better at working with a phone camera or the cameras themselves have gotten better. I am uncertain as to whether or not Steve wanted to sell a phone with a camera in it or a camera with a phone in it. I believe it was the latter.
It’s been a long fecking time since somebody referred to me as ‘well-meaning’ commentator, but I suppose anything is possible.
I like the stories too, and it’s a shame hardly anybody writes anything.

Jan