PhotoForum gallery feedback from one visitor

Some personal observations about the photographs in the PhotoForum exhibit wall at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html or at: http://www.davidhazy.org/andpph/gallery.html

Art Faul - Les Braves, D-Day monument, Omaha Beach - very evocative and the plane is well placed. What was it? a Spitfire or a Mustang or ? The stories are also very interesting, informative and entertaining!

Pini Vollach - Essaouira - it catches your eye rapidly but when looking into details there are things that are a bit off-putting. Such as the gull on lower left with  wings up ... head is covered and covers white gull too much. Should have asked it to move a bit to the left and turn to the right!

Jim Snarski - On A Mission - neat! I get the message!

Dan Mitchell - Library - personally I like minimalist photographs that have a strong sense of design within. The white hanging seat is a "necessary" item to make this photograph sing for me!

Rob Talbot - Day's Lock - another "minimalist" photograph that to me exudes serenity and peace and harmon. I had misgivings about the inclusion of the KEEP sign but it grew on me and it is a good thing to have it there.

Emily L. Ferguson - Wilting iris. - visually I find this photograph quite appealing although I probably would not make one like it. The soft colors go well along with the slightly soft focus in the foreground and the more out of focus background. I would have like to see included the petals that are in the middle of the right edge of the frame.

Yoram Gelman - Habana Vieja II - I can't wrap my head around this one. It is too dark in the shadows and I can't sense a "story" in the photograph.

Christopher Strevens - Breakfast - Unfortunately this one does not "speak" to me other than the fact I would not like to have this stuff for breakfast.

Just my reaction to the photos at this time. I may change my mind at any time!

Andy