Re: Might anyone be familiar with this person?? :)

yup … I think Yahoo studios did a pretty good job of presenting the story and I’d suggest that the audio track and Andy’s words will make a positive impact on audiences. The “selfies” were a vehicle to convey a more meaningful message although at the beginning he really did not pre visualize the end result of either the trek or the time-lapse that resulted from it.

He makes reference to bears … he sent me a video of his close-up bear encounter, with him and the bear on the same path going in opposite directions. Less than 30 feet away from each other. Andy recorded the encounter with his phone video. After a period of looking at each other the bear decided to go around him. Hmmmm … it is a good thing I only heard abut this afterwards! Interestingly the video clip of the encounter never made it onto the Yahoo piece (other than a still photo).

BTW, along the way he made fantastic landscape and people photographs albeit with a small camera.

Andy, the older.