Re: Upgrading Lightroom

Lea, even if it crashed, the odds are very good that 99% of the data are recoverable.  There are specialized services that can dismantle the drive and transfer the disks to a drive mechanism with good heads and transfer the data to a new drive.  I've used one such service here in Atlanta several times and have been very pleased with the results.

Bill