Some observations re: PF members' exhibit of this week

As seen at PhotoForum members’ exhibit site / gallery at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Emily Ferguson - After the storm - the aftermath of the storm is clearly stated / implied / illustrated. I like the diagonal from lower left leading into the photograph. I like the contrast with the blues sky.

Guy Glorieux - Night ride	- I am sorry but this does not “do” much to/for me. There is nothing to really catch / keep my attention.

Pini Vollach - Sahara - I am “drawn” to this … in its simplicity it draws attention to itself. One could read all kinds of things into the wavy line but I just like the wavy shadow!! Less is more in this case!

Art Faul - Golden Gate + San Francisco from Marin Headlands, 1990	- took “guts” to make and present this photograph to the client in my opinion. Or maybe not. Anyway, it is indeed different although the view and atmosphere has been depicted by others (I think) but it is a good alternative view of the city in my opinion.

Klaus Knuth - Carpet of Snow	 - yup … a carpet of snow indeed. But unfortunately there is nothing to keep me interested. I think that it you had just concentrated on the tree stan on the upper left including the path through the trees that might be a more interesting photograph. The other stuff just does not really help in my opinion.

Christopher Strevens - chocolate - sorry - I guess I see the cup on the table in center of photograph but the overall scene just does not raise my level of nterest to the point that I would spend much time on trying to decide what this is all about.

As I said - JUST MY OPINION! YMMV

Andy