Re: bar-code scanning for catalog shooting

Yes. On both the initial walmart and kmart websites.   Both where tied into filemaker databases(scary)  You will need to have the database. You will then need a programer to tie the DB to the shooting software. Capture one should do this I have no clue if Lightroom can.  extensis portfolio and Cumulus can both probably act as a interim step where the barcode scanner is used to fill in a field in Capture one and then when saved to a watch folder, Portfolio or Cumulus then moves the files.  the idea of using a flatbed is nuts once you figure out the cost to time of a barcode scanner and using the items own data.  A workable good enough for this type of thing barcode scanner is $100 or less per station.