Re: PF members exhibit ion 10/04/2014

On 10/4/14, 4:57 AM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated October 4, 2014. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>

> 			Christopher Strevens - High street shop

This is about bright colors amidst rather drab surroundings. I have no
idea what it says; perhaps it doesn't really matter. One interesting
this about this shot is that the perspective that it is shot at matches
the decreasing number of vertical letters on the blue. In other words,
the white on blue letters as a foursome make a triangle that mimics the
perspective of the shot.

> 			Dan Mitchell - Wedding Cake

A sweet picture. I like the expression on the groom's face. The whole
frame is a bit busy, and the lights above the couple's head are
distracting, but for a street grab shot it is cute.

> 			Bob McCulloch - High Falls

Kind of a small photograph, so it is hard to see the details. Perhaps
you can make it slightly larger next time. The panorama crop means that
your short edge is rather, well, short. It is a pretty enough scene, but
it looks like exposure of the water may be blown out near the bottom.
Mid-day is a difficult time to take pictures. If you had the equipment,
you could have used an ND filter and smoothed the water out with a long
exposure.

> 			Klaus Knuth -

The flowering plant breaks through the rock. Certainly a cliche, but in
this case, a pretty one. I like the lighting here, where the center of
interest is lit by a spotlight.

> 			Jan Faul - Water and Sand

There are similarities in this photograph to the last photograph Jan/Art
submitted, so it draws comparisons, adding some interest. As an
individual photograph, however, there is not much interest here. This
photograph, like the last one, is also about a vehicle jutting in to the
photograph of a house facade shot square to the camera. The boat, in
this case, is much more a part of the picture (that the previous car
was); it aggressively forces the view to notice it, as it is also
lighter than the rest of the photo. Perhaps, as a series, he may be onto
something. I guess we'll have to see his next submission to find out.

> 			Andrew Davidhazy - Silo

A bold geometric study with three large triangles, and many small ones.
It is minimalistic and abstract. The technical details of how it was
made are useful in an academic way, but certainly not necessary to the
photograph. However, even though the border can now be generated in
software, it is nice to hear that it is natural to the process.

Andrew