No trouble with Canon 5D MII after all

Dear PF colleagues,

Some time ago I mentioned that apparently my Canon 5D MII had developed a problem with the image magnification function.
Well, I was wrong. It was operator oversight … neglecting to fully read instructions. The trouble turned out to be caused by
attempting to use it while the attached lens was set to autofocus. Under those conditions the image magnification function
using Live View is disabled. However, with the lens se to manual mode or with a non-auto lens attached the function works perfectly.

BTW, I did not find this out by reading the directions. It “came to me” while dreaming. It is only logical. I think I will now try
to find my instruction book and double check my findings!

cheerio,

Andy