RE: Large print - quality issue

The native resolution of some printers (Epson  included) is 360dpi . It is recommended to use this res instead of 300.

With magnifying glass I can see difference between 360dpi and 720 but not with my bare eyes.

Pini

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2014 4:37 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Large print - quality issue

Bit depth just gives you more colors. Most printers only handle 8 bits. You will get smaller file size at 8 bits. You won't get any better quality over 300 dpi. Some text does print better at 600dpi but in your case you file is already too large. I don't know if zipping throws away pixels (ie lossless or lousy)

Roy