From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eichhorn, Roger
Sent: 23 August 2014 23:55
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Large print - quality issue

Scott Kelby, in one of his early photoshop books, suggested that one could
blow up photos by a few percentage points at a time.  I tried it with a jpeg
file and it worked.  For example, increasing the size by 5 percent fifteen
times will approximately double the size of the image (2.08.)  I don't l
know if it will work for you, but it might be worth trying.  You can solve
the equation (1.0x)^n = y, for n, where x is the percentage increase for
each iteration, y is the final size and n is the number of iterations.

Roger

Sent from my iPad