Re: Photography eBook

Randy, et al,

One of my very first steps was to check out the various capabilities of Blurb, iBook Author, InDesign and I don't recall what else. At this time, I don't *believe* that there's a good way to create an FXL EPUB in any software other than InDesign.  There is another software package that I only learned about later called Calibre, which may have these capabilities, but it's mostly intended for traditional book (primarily text) authors.

But, the issue with Blurb & iBook Author is that you can't really generate the FXL EPUB.  You'll get a nice PDF, but not the EPUB, *if* I correctly recall. And, even with InDesign, you still have go into the file code and tweak a LOT of it. Since I was already using Adobe products and have familiarity with several of them, then that's the path on which I continued.

I've been in contact with the designers/architects on the Adobe InDesign team and they're aware of the current limitations, and are hoping for an improvement with their next upgrade. Actually, the version of InDesign with which I started preparing the file didn't have the ability to generate the EPUB. I was fortunate to have been a part of the InDesign Prelease Program since about halfway through the project, so I received beta versions of InDesign 2014 which was just released on Wednesday, June 18th...

Tim!

Tim Mulholland/Illuminata Photo
Fitchburg, WI

608.628.2925

My camera, my experience, my creativity - your eyes, your memories, your emotions...