[no subject]

Hi, I have just recovered my old e-mail address.

The gamut of a digital camera is less than a monochrome film and the curve of a digital camera is linear with cut offs but that of a film is sigmoid. This makes a considerable difference.

However digital sensors have changed.

When I bought my new compact digital, I found I had to know about computer science and the internet. It was very difficulty but my images were the same.

When I was a photography student we had a lot of “bottoms” photography and I was the subject at one time with a variety of partners… It was awful. And they did girls bottoms and girls took the photos nearly all the men left. We had a compulsory visit to New York but the first visit was to “the restaurant on the roof of the world” and only one came back and she had not gone on the outing because she had migraine. I did not travel to America either. My friend who went to the tower took a camera phone and I rang her (I knew) and she left the phone on stuck with blue tack sending me a terrible movie of the end of the restaurant. She watched from a ferry. Mum never went to America where she wanted to talk about politics and her marriage to Hitler and her version of WWII as the chancellors wife. I never knew what happened to the 100 pregnant ladies that I partnered in the college but the restaurant was empty before it all went black.

I live with hope still.

There is no joy in the camera now even though I have been an enthusiast since I did the print-out type with a box camera and contact printing with window light and fixed with strong salt solution. I was not allowed hypo.

Do not paint Russia black we are all merely people like you!

Chris,

London, UK, (Europe).