Re: S?et: Help with camera underexposing the shots

This problem brings up the question how many stops ( i.e. brightness range) can a digital camera capture?
My guess is that different digital cameras may capture different range of brightnesses. Later digital cameras are more sophisticated  at processing the sensor information. On my Pentax K-5 II I can set the menu to capture more highlight detail , more shadow detail or both for ISO at 200 and above. So there are more wrinkles added to the ones that already existed with film to get the correct exposure for a particular scene with digital cameras
Roy