Re: Digital Panorama Stitching Software

What is your personal opinion about the best option? That would be the question - is it PS?

I have been pondering this question for a while and I have come up with some weird ‘alternative' results,

Just wondering and thanks,

autostitch - www.autostitch.net

first go to edit>options and set the image size in pixels you want* and if
you're working with portrait images select rotate clockwise (so it'll
arange them horizontally then you can rotate the image back when it's
finished) then set jpeg quality to 100.

then file>open (point it to the folder where the images are.. it's
generally smart enough to find the most useful images it can work with)
then hit start

the pano.jpg will appear in the directory when it's done.

*try setting a small size first to see how it performs

have a look at the examples on the autostitch site - for freeware it does
an amazing job.

a review with examples:
http://www.dansdata.com/quickshot031.htm

a comment "Autostitch. I've tried using panorama software before, but was
always disappointed. Despite using a tripod and a careful set up, a lot of
photo sets gave poor results. I suppose if I made a career out of it I
could have done better - I know a lot of people obtain excellent results
with existing programs, probably because they put the time and effort into
it. Also, most stitching programs only work with one vertical or horizontal
row. Now, alone comes a program whose performance not only blows away all
other programs, but is the easiest to use program ever. Simply dump ALL
your pictures in a folder, and put Autostitch to work. It will find all
connecting images, be they rotated or whatever, and make a great looking
panorama out of them with NO manually intervention. It rarely gets
confused, can stitch any number of rows and columns, and can handle an
enormous number of pictures. I've heard of it handling up to 60 images!"
from
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1018&message=12018470

I've recommended this before in PF and noted that
http://www.autopano.net/faq
"Autopano Pro is a commercial version of Autostitch using a licensed
professional version of the SIFT algorithm " -