Re: Annie Leibovitz, Wu-Tang Clan, and the Aura of Expensive Art

On Apr 23, 2014, at 8:20 AM, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
Pretty cheap for wall art.  Let's say that's 270 2-page spreads about 20x24.  That's less than $10 each.

And you have that ugly gutter messing up each of the images.

And if you get so unlucky as to get your hands on a volume which has what I would call ‘printers errors” or to use the trade term “assholes”, then you wonder what the fuss is all about. I looked at it some years back, but the idea of having a book in my library which was too heavy to lift safely, sent me off looking for another tome. Big nudes are nice, but not that big.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Art for Cars: art4carz.com